News and notes

June 12, 2008

Komets General Manager David Franke said today he has sent offers to every player from last year’s team. That doesn’t mean everyone will sign, but he’s hoping for a minimum of eight or nine. The Komets will maintain the players’ IHL rights through the first 90 days of next season.

No one has told Franke they plan on retiring, though Jake Pence and Matt Reynolds have said they’d like to play in Europe, Brent Henley, Luciano Aquino and Mitch Woods are trying to make the AHL. Kevin Bertram has indicated he’d like to return. One of the Komets’ priorities will be trying to re-sign Olivier Legault, Brandon Warner and Evgeny Saidachev who each have rookie status remaining.

Franke also said Guy Dupuis and Konstantin Shafranov may be the next two players to sign, and as far as he knows coach Al Sims has not had any contact with any AHL or NHL teams and plans on returning. Sims is vacationing in Canada and is working the phones recruiting.

Advertisements

2 Responses to “News and notes”

  1. chuckitt Says:

    cant believe sims hasnt gotten some offers but then again its a good ol boys club and al probably wore out his welcome just like anderson cant get a break.

  2. junior78 Says:

    I would venture to say that Sims needs about 2-3 more good seasons behind him to get another look at the AHL, based on his resume the past 10 years.

    Good coach, love him in the Fort, but he’s had his opps. at the big leagues. He took a GM job in Flint for goodness sakes.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: